Sunday, May 11, 2008

SugarCRM Cat's Hill Crit...5th!

Cat's Hill Criterium
May 3rd
W123
Jaime, ME, Holly, Bri
Field size 20-25 riders?

The field was small but composed of a strong team from Tibco, Metromint, and Proman. My goal was to watch Shelley and go with her if she happened to attack or to be on her wheel at the end. The race started with a nice effort from Holly and Jaime at the front.


Holly leading the field up the hill (photo courtesy of Garrett Lau http://garrettlau.smugmug.com/Sports )
Metromint, Tibco and Proman all took their turns trying to keep the race interesting on the hill and straight aways, but for the most part nothing got away. Not feeling my best I decided to test my legs for a prime and won. Usually this helps energize me, but unfortunately it wasn't the case today. I also surprisingly took 2nd on another prime lap when I was chasing down Shelley. I was just trying to make sure she didn't get away, but I enjoyed the 20 minute massage that came with that effort. Mary-Ellen also put in a great effort on the hill beating Shelley up it and staying away for a lap, where we caught her on the false flat after the hill.


Mary Ellen attacks on the hill to solo off the front (photo courtesy of Garrett Lau http://garrettlau.smugmug.com/Sports )

Brianne looking comfortable on the hill (photo courtesy of Garrett Lau http://garrettlau.smugmug.com/Sports )

I was in a weird state of being because before I knew it the race was down to 6 laps to go. I thought I better start paying attention. So I tried to rest up until 2 laps to go. I had planned to move up and get on Shelley's wheel where I would attack just before the base of the hill and hopefully stay away for the win or atleast pull off a podium finish. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful at moving up, finding Shelley's wheel or attacking :). I came up the hill in 6th chasing Lauren from AV. Luckily I was able to catch her and pass her before the start finish for 5th. ME came in after me with a strong finish herself.

I want to thank the club for being so supportive of the women this year. The cheering all around the course was very helpful. I have had a great time racing with the club and this awesome group of ladies. On a side note, the highlight of my day was participating in clean up after the men's race and finally meeting Barry. Thanks for the many laughs!!!

Thanks for reading,
Brianne



















No comments: